Sunday, December 30, 2007
Abelardo Dennis Florencio Ho (born May 12, 1981 in Quezon City, Philippines), or more famously known as Dennis Trillo is a television and film actor in the Philippines. His film debut Aishite Imasu (Mahal Kita) 1941 which skyrocketed him into a matinee idol status. He is currently an artist of GMA Network, his rise to fame was proven in 2006 when he won the Best Actor trophy thrice that same year defeating heavy contender, Piolo Pascual.
Trillo comes from a well-off family, the eldest son in the family. He attended Ateneo de Manila University throughout pre-school and elementary and moved to Jose Abad Santos Memorial High School Then in High School on C.O.L. Community Of Learners . He completed a degree in International Studies at Miriam College.
His career in entertainment started in 2000 at ABS-CBN, when he was introduced as one of the young talents for the 10th batch of Star Circle, ABS-CBN Network’s artist machinery (now known as Star Magic). He was seen in the television soap opera Pangako Sayo & Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan where he played the confidante of one of the lead stars. Despite his exposure, Trillo’s career did not really take off. He used to be in a rock band called Moyg.
His biggest breaks came upon his transfer to GMA Network wherein he became one of its contract stars. He was cast in several television outings like Kahit Kailan, Twin Hearts and Love to Love.
Trillo's stardom continued to rise in 2004, when he became one of the lead stars in the popular telefantasya (fantasy-themed TV series) Mulawin. He made his film debut in Aishite Imasu 1941: Mahal Kita, where he received raves for his portrayal of a cross-dressing spy for the HUKBALAHAP during the advent of the Japanese invasion in World War II. For Aishite Imasu, he received several awards and citations including Best Supporting Actor from the 30th Metro Manila Film Festival and Best Actor trophies from the Film Academy of the Philippines, the PMPC Star Awards For Movies, and the Young Critics Circle. He was also included in the third installment of Mano Po, which starred Vilma Santos, a veteran actress and grand-slam Best Actress awardee.
2005 proved to be a more fruitful year for Trillo. He was part of the hit TV adaptation of the Mars Ravelo comic, Darna, where he played the love interest of both the titular super-heroine as well as her archenemy Valentina. He was later part of the drama anthology Now and Forever: Agos, where he again showcased his acting prowess. That same year he reprised his role for Mulawin: The Movie, and was also in the film Blue Moon alongside award-winning actors Eddie Garcia and Christopher de Leon, this is also the same year where he proved his acting prowess when he defeated heavy contender, Pilo Pascual thrice for the best actor trophy. Many critics said that Dennis' advantage over Piolo is that Dennis can act on any genres of film and TV, he can also portray other roles including villain and gay roles.
Trillo was again cast as a lead in Etheria, where he portrayed the Sapirian prince, Raquim, previously donned by Richard Gomez. Midway through the series, GMA Network management announced that Trillo would be pulled out of Etheria to once again star opposite Angel Locsin (who played Darna) in Majika, another fantasy-themed television series. Although subsequent to the announcement, many Etheria fans felt that it would be a big blow to the series since he plays a major character. Ultimately, it was cleared that Trillo would see the series to its finale.
Trillo also had dealt with nasty gossip. One is that he had a son with a model and he other is questioning his sexuality. Trillo reunites with former love team Angel Locsin as they top-bill in GMA Network’s newest offering, a television fantasy series aptly called Majika. Trillo plays Argo, a provocatively clad Salamanca (wizard) with finesse in archery who teaches his protégée Sabina (Angel Locsin) how to hone her craft and become a powerful sorceress. Aside from his television show, Trillo also starred in the horror-suspense film Pamahiin, which is his first major acting role for the particular film genre. Recognizing his passion for making music, GMA also included him as a co-host for the network's noontime show "SOP" where he also displays his talent for drums as part of the show's Starband. He made a "Lenten Presentation" in GMA-7 entitled "Unico Hijo" which he played the role of Agnes, a gay, an AIDS victim, son of a well-known politician in their province.
On August 17, 2007, PEP said that Dennis Trillo, Marian Rivera and Judy Ann Santos will star in Regal films's When I Met You to be directed by Regal's Joel Lamangan, but he will not make it with Angel Locsin. Dennis is now doing Kulam with Judy Ann Santos for Regal Films also. On August 21, Dennis started in taping his new fantaserye of GMA-7's Zaido, where he stars with Raymart Santiago, Marky Cielo, Aljur Abrenica, and Lorna Tolentino, at a studio in Marilao, Bulacan. 
But However Dennis Trillo & Nadine Samonte are Still Loveteam Anymore as the Vote of GMA Loveteamatchers Vote of Total 823,269,560,000 %
He is Filipino Chinese. His mother is a Filipino and his father is Chinese. In September 2007, Dennis Trillo admitted that he is the father of the baby of Carlene Aguilar in a exclusive interview with Showbiz Central. Dennis stated that he felt relieved after making the admission: “Pakiramdam ko mas magkakaroon ako ng peace of mind dahil …kasi Hindi ko naman matatago yun habambuhay dahil talagang dumarating sa parte ng isang tao ‘yung ganun nagkakaroon ng anak , parte ng buhay yun e, so yun yung inevitable sa isang buhay.
* His batchmates in Star Circle batch 10 are Bea Alonzo, Nadine Samonte, Alfred Vargas and Reggie Curley. Bea remained an ABS-CBN star but Dennis followed by Nadine, Alfred and later Reggie all defected to GMA-7 where their careers soared to greater heights.
* Dennis is the only non-veteran actor who defeated Piolo Pascual for the best actor trophy. He defeated Piolo Pascual thrice in 2005, critics says that the main reason why he won the award is that Dennis compared to Piolo can act on any genres on both TV and film and not just drama, Dennis can also portray other roles even villains.
* Dennis can play the guitar and the drums.
* Dennis said that acting alongside legandary veteran actors Eddie Garcia, Christopher De Leon, Boots Anson-Roa, Rudy Fernandez and Gardo Versoza harnessed his acting skills.
* In kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap Dennis revived the role of Rustan "Stan" Acuesta, which was originally portrayed by his idol, Christopher De Leon, he acted alongside Christopher De Leon in the film, Blue Moon, where they portrayed father and son.
* Dennis was originally an endorser for Globe telecommunications and starred in one of it's ads alongside Iza Calzado in 2003. But then in 2007 Dennis transferred to Smart Communications and became one of it's endorsers alongside Angel Locsin, Sam Milby, Anne Curtis and Jeffrey Quizon.
* One of Dennis' most unforgettable portrayals is his portrayal of legendary Filipino comics writer/artist, Mars Ravelo, for the episode of Magpakailanman, it was one of the highest rating episodes of Magpakailanman.
* Dennis is also one of the fastest rising endorsers of the country.
* However in November 6 Courtesy of Imbestigador of his Twin Brother of Don Felipe Trillo
or Don Felipe Orlinga, But it is Not Liked to Him, Of The Appliance Store is P44,000 But is Not Paying,Meanwhile The Order Of The Appliance Store is P6150,000 Said's "Nag Padeliver Si Dondon Orlinga ng TV Washing Machine at Microwave Oven, Dahil Di nya Binayaran", That is Dennis Trillo & Dondon Trillo are Not Twin Brother For The Cases But Dennis Saids "Hindi October 24 Ang Birthday ko Kundi May 12,Sa Totoo nyan ay 26 na ako Pero 21 Sya OK naman Sana Sayang Sayang",That His is Corrected to the Lied To The Discussions of Against Don Felipe Orlinga But it is not good to him.